Apply to be a part of the Downtown Las Cruces Partnership & Las Cruces Arts and Cultural District’s holiday art installation, Ventanas Vivas! Application Below.
deadline: November 3, 2020 at 12:00 PM
During this holiday season, the ACDCC in partnership with DLCP will host a temporary holiday art installation, Ventanas Vivas.
Awards & Supplies
All artists selected through this call will receive a $100 stipend and $50 supply allowance for participating. A separate stipend of $100 is available to an experienced artist recorded painting a piece to be used as a demonstration. Additionally, artists will be eligible to win one of the following prizes:
First Place – $50 downtown gift card
Second and Third Place – $25 downtown gift card
Submission & Notification
Submission Deadline: November 3, 2020 by 12 PM.
Notification to All Applicant Artists: November 6, 2020 by 5 PM
To be considered, submissions must include:
- Artists must complete and submit application.
- Images created for event must be original to the artist and not under outside license or copyright.
- Three (3) samples of previous 2D work (any medium) submitted electronic format to [email protected],org. Title subject line “Ventanas Vivas 2020”.
- All artists must attend a virtual meeting on Thursday, Nov. 10, 2020, at 5:30 PM to qualify.
- At the Nov. 10th meeting, selected artists will be paired with a Downtown business to coordinate a window art concept design. All designs must be approved by business owner prior to painting.
- Artists should plan for a scalable piece that will be at least 5 feet wide.
- Window painting can commence after November 10th, when the artist’s design concept is approved by the business owner. Artists will have until November 27, 2020 to complete their art installation. Judging will begin on November 28th.
All selected artists must be 18 years of age or older and able to legally work in the United States.
Due to the nature of using donated space at active businesses, participating artists should not impede entrance or exits to the business.
Ventanas Vivas organizers take pride in returning properties to owners in great shape. Artists are responsible for cleaning any paint outside of the mural borders (the walls or framing).
After event, artists are responsible for cleaning windows by January 6, 2021.
In addition, all selected artists must comply with City Codes and State statutes regarding obscenity. No obscene materials may be produced or presented for proposed exhibition.
Thank you for your interest in participating!