Downtown Las Cruces Partnership
As a Main Street America™ Accredited program, The Downtown Las Cruces Partnership is a recognized leading program among the national network of more than 1,200 neighborhoods and communities who share both a commitment to creating high-quality places and to building stronger communities through preservation-based economic development. All Main Street America™ Accredited programs meet a set of National Accreditation Standards of Performance as outlined by the National Main Street Center.
Supporting local revitalization, helping preserve downtown’s timeless qualities.
The Downtown Las Cruces Partnership (DLCP) is a state and nationally certified Main Street organization that embraces a vision to create an economically vibrant downtown.
DLCP is a coalition of downtown stakeholders that work in collaboration with the City of Las Cruces and the State of New Mexico to create and support a climate for emerging businesses and an environment that stimulates future business development. We are a not for profit organization that is funded by the City of Las Cruces and the donations of downtown supporters.
DLCP’s revitalization strategies center on a successful national effort, the Main Street Approach, which focuses on design, organization, promotions/marketing and economic development strategies to accomplish the revitalization of historic downtown communities across the nation.
We continue to invest in the growth of downtown. Since July 2002, the Downtown Las Cruces Partnership in collaboration with the City of Las Cruces has led efforts to revitalize historic downtown Las Cruces.
Some of our accomplishments include:
- The final conversion of Main Street from a pedestrian mall back to a through street
- Business recruitment and retention
- Monthly Downtown Business Property Owner Breakfast (1st Thursday of the month)
- Received Friends of New Mexico MainStreet Centennial Legacy Project Award $20,000 for construction of La Placita
- Façade improvements on Main Street
- Recent recipient of Main Street Capital Outlay funds to repurpose the historic Camunez Building at 201 N. Main Street.
- Provide design assistance for Downtown Property Owners to improve the business appearance
- Development of new Vision, Mission Statement and development of Strategic Plan
- Launched a new website and Facebook account
- Partnership with City of Las Cruces, Mesquite Historic District, and Alameda Depot District on WinterFest!
- Our signature event SalsaFest! Last Sunday in August!
The mission of the Downtown Las Cruces Partnership is to create a signature business destination that celebrates our region’s rich cultural heritage, local arts, and culture and contributes to a thriving, sustainable and economically vibrant downtown.
Downtown Las Cruces will become an economically vibrant, culturally diverse and walkable downtown. As the premier example of a Main Street program, it will celebrate and promote our rich border heritage through an array of cultural festivals and create an environment conducive to a vibrant downtown environment that stimulates future business development and quality residential living.
Downtown Las Cruces Partnership will be the driving force to revitalize Main Street through partnerships with local businesses, enhancing building storefronts and encouraging the development of underutilized residential and commercial space. Enhancing economic development in the downtown will restore the vitality of old Main Street and preserve the timeless qualities that define the character of our community. We will create an environment where people from all walks of life can experience the wealth of opportunities available to eat, work, shop, and play while enjoying the social, and artistic vibrancy and the small-town charm of downtown.