Downtown Las Cruces Partnership
Supporting local revitalization, helping preserve downtown’s timeless qualities.
The Downtown Las Cruces Partnership (DLCP) is a state and nationally certified Main Street organization that embraces a vision to create an economically vibrant downtown.
DLCP is a coalition of downtown stakeholders that work in collaboration with the City of Las Cruces and the State of New Mexico to create and support a climate for emerging businesses and an environment that stimulates future business development. We are a not for profit organziation that is funded by the City of Las Cruces and the donations of downtown supporters.
DLCP’s revitalization strategies center on a successful national effort, the Main Street Approach, which focuses on design, organization, promotions/marketing and economic development strategies to accomplish the revitalization of historic downtown communities across the nation.
We continue to invest in the growth of downtown. Since July 2002, the Downtown Las Cruces Partnership in collaboration with the City of Las Cruces has led efforts to revitalize historic downtown Las Cruces.
Some of our accomplishments include:
- The final conversion of Main Street from a pedestrian mall back to a through street
- Business recruitment and retention
- Monthly Downtown Business Property Owner Breakfast (1st Thursday of the month)
- Received Friends of New Mexico MainStreet Centennial Legacy Project Award $20,000 for construction of La Placita
- Façade improvements on Main Street
- Recent recipient of Main Street Capitol Outlay funds to repurpose the historic Camunez Building at 201 N. Main Street.
- Provide design assistance for Downtown Property Owners to improve business appearance
- Development of new Vision, Mission Statement and development of Strategic Plan
- Launched new website and Facebook account
- Partnership with City of Las Cruces, Mesquite Historic District, and Alameda Depot District on WinterFest!
- Our signature event SalsaFest! Last Sunday of August!